The placing of the Time Capsule was done on November 20, 2002 at Sanjan, Gujarat. This day was called SANJAN DAY.
The Time Capsule was prepared by M/s Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd, upon receiving a proposal from the Bombay Parsi Punchayet.
The capsule was made from quality stainless steel and was large enough to contain various objects and articles of relevance to the Zoroastrian religion and the Parsi Community.
The contents of the capsule were:
- Literature on Parsi culture.
- Photos indicating various attires of earlier and current times.
- Head Gear, of different types (fetas, pagdi,topi)
- Books on Zoroastrian religion.
- Details on different fire temples (Atash Behram, Agiary, Dadgahs)
- Details on Dharmashalas
- Utensils and other items required for performing different types of ceremonies, rites and rituals, which included Ses, Sopara, Gulabbas, Pigani, Coconuts, Betelnuts, Bead Torans.
- Copper scroll
- Godrej Padlocks and Locks
This Time Capsule was immersed with recitation of Avesta prayers by prominent priests along with the large Parsi/Irani gathering which had specially visited Sanjan for this auspicious occasion.
Courtesy: Parsika Volume 1 by Noshir Daboo