Afternoon D & C Dedicated To Mumbai
Home > Education & Career > Study In India

Study In India

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Suchitra Surve Director, Growth Centre, is a Post Graduate in Business Administration, has specialised in HR, and also holds a Post Graduation Diploma in Career Counselling

I am in 12th science stream with PCMB, I am interested to get into Clinical Research. How to go about it?     
—Trisha Jha

Clinical research has emerged as one of the most lucrative fields in India. To enter into Clinical Research one needs to have Bachelors degree in Life Sciences (Microbiology / Genetics / Chemistry) Medical Science/ Pharmacy / Nursing / Biotech / Botany / Zoology / BAMS /BHMS / MBBS / MD / BDS. There are various Postgraduate options for Clinical Research. One needs to have scientific bent of mind, research skills and techniques, keen observation, good statistical analyses, eye for details and ready to stretch for long duration of hours.

I am in 11th Science with PCB combination. I had taken the combination thinking I will pursue MBBS but now I don’t want to pursue MBBS. What are the other options I can pursue after class 12th in the field of Science only?    
–Shweta Murli.

With PCB as your combination in 10 + 2 you can pursue your career in paramedical areas like Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Audiology, or Dentistry, Nursing, or Pharmacy.  Do note that you will have to clear entrance exams like CET/NEET for these courses. You can also pursue career in sciences like Chemistry, Physics and Biology related subjects like Biotechnology, Environmental Sciences, Life Sciences and so on.
I am pursuing my 12th Arts. I want to pursue my career in designing at graduation. Can I pursue the course after Arts? Also what are the specializations in the same?    –Nikita Sawant
Yes, you can pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Designing after completing your class 12th in Arts.  There are specialisations like Product, Animation and Graphics, Furniture, Interior, Textile, Exhibition, Ceramic and so on. Do note that one needs to clear entrance exam conducted by the respective institutes.
I want to pursue a career in human resources, what is the path I should adopt?    
—Kiran Nathani

After completing Bachelor’s Degree you can take the entrance exam and opt for a two-year full time Management course in HR or opt for a one-year P.G. Diploma. There are various short term Diploma courses also available which range from six months to one year. With a 2 – 3 years work experience, you also have the opportunity to take a part time 3 year course. Choose the path depending on the time and priority and preparedness to appear for the selection procedure.

No Comments Posted
City news
Initiated by Philem Rohan Singh, a Post Graduate ...
A day after a four-storey building in South ...
Local train services of the Central Railway were ...
I am 21 years old married woman. I have been marr
Dr. Rajan B. Bhonsle, M.D. (Bom)
Consulting Sex Therapist & Counsellor
Dr. (Mrs.) Minnu R. Bhonsle, Ph.D.
Consulting Psychotherapist & Counsellor
Select Sun sign:
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)
Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 20)You are likely to remain careful and watchful today, foretells Ganesha. And because you'll be invited to parties and other social events, your enthusiasm will remain buoyant. You will also strike the right balance between business and pleasure, says Ganesha.
- Advertising -
Women play a major role in keeping traditional Ko
The school dropout rate among Muslim girls has re
Winter is setting in and with high pollution leve
Read More